Deluxe Red Potato Bake (One Pan Meal)
2 1/2 lbskin-on red potatoes (cubed)
1green bell pepper (diced)
1 lbwhite button mushrooms (sliced)
1 mediumred onion or sweet vidalia (diced)
2 mediumor one large boneless skinless chicken breast (diced)
1 ozland o lakes ranch seasoning
2 1/2 ozof real bacon pieces (your favorite brand)
1/2 lbcolby/jack or monterey jack cheese (shredded)
pinchsalt and pepper to taste
How to Make Deluxe Red Potato Bake (One Pan Meal)
- Spray glass baking dish with non-stick spray, and cut red potatoes into bite size pieces.
- Dice and slice other vegetables and add to pan. Now the chicken can be cooked before or along with. I understand the concern about that, so do what you will. I personally just dice it up and add it along with the other ingredients and it cooks up perfect.
- Add a third of the bacon pieces and the 1oz. of ranch seasoning. Get your hands in there and mix it completely.
- Bake for one hour uncovered at 350 to 400 depending on your oven. Pull out and check potatoes and give a quick toss. Put back in for another 15 minutes or until done.
- When you are satisfied everything is done, pull out and add 1/2 lb. of shredded cheese and the last of the bacon bits. Place once more into the oven to melt the cheese or bake it till it's crisp, your choice.I like ours to be gooey!
- Plate up as a main dish or use as a side as I do at family dinners. Change this recipe with other ingredients to make it your very own. The possibilities are endless.