Dee Dee's Cheesy Chicken Casserole
Diane Hopson Smith
Hope you enjoy!
- 4 to 6
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 2 c
- yellow saffron rice or rice of your choosing (not minute rice)
- 2 c
- sharp cheddar, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- (10.5 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 c
- chicken broth (or water)
How to Make Dee Dee's Cheesy Chicken Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray (PAM). Spread (uncooked) rice evenly on bottom of pan; spread 1 cup of cheese over rice.
- 3Place chicken breast on top, sprinkle with salt and pepper. (If using the saffron rice, don't use to much salt)
- 4Spoon cream of chicken over chicken and rice. Add chicken broth.
- 5Bake uncovered for 1 hour 30 minutes. Check at 1 hour, if water is absorbed and chicken and rice are not done, add add'l broth or water (1/2 cup).
- 6Last 5 minutes, sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top of casserole; cook until melted.
Serve with favorite veggies and bread.