Dee Dee's Cheesy Chicken Casserole
Diane Hopson Smith
Hope you enjoy!
4 to 6chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
2 cyellow saffron rice or rice of your choosing (not minute rice)
2 csharp cheddar, shredded
·salt and pepper to taste
2(10.5 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
3 cchicken broth (or water)
How to Make Dee Dee's Cheesy Chicken Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray (PAM). Spread (uncooked) rice evenly on bottom of pan; spread 1 cup of cheese over rice.
- Place chicken breast on top, sprinkle with salt and pepper. (If using the saffron rice, don't use to much salt)
- Spoon cream of chicken over chicken and rice. Add chicken broth.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour 30 minutes. Check at 1 hour, if water is absorbed and chicken and rice are not done, add add'l broth or water (1/2 cup).
- Last 5 minutes, sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top of casserole; cook until melted.
Serve with favorite veggies and bread.