David's Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- 4 c
- cooked cubed chicken, about 1 inch pieces
- 2 (12 0z.) pkg
- frozen broccoli florets cooked and well drained. i use the microwavable steam bag brand. do not overcook.
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz
- velveeta cheese block
- 1 c
- miracle whip (not mayo, too oily)
- of pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- curry powder or more to taste
- 1 (6 oz.) can(s)
- 1 large can (6 oz.) of durkee fried onions
- 8 oz. can(s)
- water chestnuts chopped (optional)
- 8 0z. can(s)
- mushrooms (pieces and stems) optional
How to Make David's Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- 1In a large pot of kettle, over medium low heat, melt cheese, soup and Miracle Whip.
- 2add dash of pepper and curry powder.
- 3add chicken and mix well
- 4Add drained broccoli florets and mix well. Some florets might need to be sliced in half if too large. Add water chestnuts and DRAINED mushrooms if desired.
- 5mixture will be thick, but do not dilute
- 6Pour mixture in a 9x13 in. glass dish sprayed with Pam.
- 7cover with aluminum foil and make several knife slots in foil to allow steam to escape.
- 8place casserole dish on a cookie sheet and bake on middle over rack at 400 degrees for approximately 40 minutes or until heated through.
- 9Remove from oven and remove aluminum foil. Mix. Sprinkle Durkee Fried Onions over the top of the casserole.
- 10Return casserole on cookie sheet uncovered and bake an additional 5 minutes or until onions turn golden brown. This will happen quickly.
- 11remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!