David's Chicken Broccoli Casserole
4 ccooked cubed chicken, about 1 inch pieces
2 (12 0z.) pkgfrozen broccoli florets cooked and well drained. i use the microwavable steam bag brand. do not overcook.
2 can(s)cream of chicken soup
8 ozvelveeta cheese block
1 cmiracle whip (not mayo, too oily)
1/2 tspcurry powder or more to taste
1 (6 oz.) can(s)1 large can (6 oz.) of durkee fried onions
8 oz. can(s)water chestnuts chopped (optional)
8 0z. can(s)mushrooms (pieces and stems) optional
How to Make David's Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- In a large pot of kettle, over medium low heat, melt cheese, soup and Miracle Whip.
- add dash of pepper and curry powder.
- add chicken and mix well
- Add drained broccoli florets and mix well. Some florets might need to be sliced in half if too large. Add water chestnuts and DRAINED mushrooms if desired.
- mixture will be thick, but do not dilute
- Pour mixture in a 9x13 in. glass dish sprayed with Pam.
- cover with aluminum foil and make several knife slots in foil to allow steam to escape.
- place casserole dish on a cookie sheet and bake on middle over rack at 400 degrees for approximately 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from oven and remove aluminum foil. Mix. Sprinkle Durkee Fried Onions over the top of the casserole.
- Return casserole on cookie sheet uncovered and bake an additional 5 minutes or until onions turn golden brown. This will happen quickly.
- remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!