Dave's Moist Beer Can Chicken
- 3 1/2 to 4 pound chicken
- can of beer (he used yuengling lager from pa)
- baby potatoe or small onion
- mrs. dash southwest chipotle seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
THE RUB - USE WHATEVER YOU WANT HE USED
How to Make Dave's Moist Beer Can Chicken
- 3We have a smoker which has a firebox on the side of it which is where he builds the fire. He uses Lakeshore Charcoal brickets, a small amount of maple sticks and lighter fluid to start the fire. He then added fresh red oak wood for the smoking process. If using something like this place the chicken in the grilling side a little away from the heat. Grill turning occasionaly until done.
- 4He said if using a charcoal grills: After coals are hot, slide them to the edges or make an open ring. Add about 6 fresh coals every 30 minutes during cooking.
Dual gas grills: Place the chicken over the left side and set the right side burner to low-medium.
For the Oven: Place the rack in a pie pan and add 1/4 cup of water. Cook 350°.
- 5When the chicken is done and golden brown, using tongs and a long fork, carefully transfer the entire Chick Can in its upright position to a platter. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Then secure the wire base with a hot pad and carefully revmove the chicken. Be very CAREFUL NOT TO BURN YOURSELF WITH THE HOT BEER.
NOTE: He said that he has heard other people use soda but he has no recommendations as to what type. Happy Cooking.
Update and Further Note: Marina Neff from JAP has informed me that she heard of people using coke or rootbeer. Thank you Marina for this tip! Again Happy Cooking Everyone!