Dan Cota's Chicken and Dumplings
This is one of those recipes you are going to use some of the expensive spanish Saffron I told you to invest in.
I still remember eating these wonderful Chicken and Dumplings in the formal dinning with the big bay window over looking the circular driveway.
- raw kosher stewing chicken cut into pieces
- sprig of organic fresh organic rosemary, crushed between your hands
- threads of saffron
- clove of garlic, crushed
- freshly ground pepper to taste (i use a mix of pink, black and green)
- 1 large
- organic oregon myrtle leaf (you can use a bayleaf)
- 1 c
- sifted organic all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/2 c
- whole organic raw milk
- chopped parsley
How to Make Dan Cota's Chicken and Dumplings
- 1Large pan of water.
- 2Wash Chicken and pat dry.
- 3Rub checken with saffron. It will turn yellow.
- 4Add chicken to pan of water, the saffron, rosemary, garlic, kosher salt, myrtle leaf, onion and pepper. Add enough water to cover chicken.
- 5Slowly bring to boil and turn down to a simmer with the lip a jarred.
- 6Assemble the Dumpling dough. Mix all ingredients together well.
- 7When Chicken is 99% done, skim the fat off the broth and drop by Tablespoons full the dumpling dough into the Chicken broth.
- 8Cover the pan tightly and return to a slow boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- 9DO NOT LIFT lid.
- 10Simmer 12 to 15 minutes.
- 11Serve chicken and dumplings in the broth. Or serve Chicken and Dumpling with broth that has been thickened with a little flour.
- 12Sprinkle a little chopped parsely over the top of each serving.