Dale's Waikiki BBQ Chicken
1 1/2 lbboneless chicken breast
·flour, to coat
·salt and pepper
8 ozcan crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cbarbecue sauce
1/2 tspground ginger
1 cpineapple chunks (optional garnish)
How to Make Dale's Waikiki BBQ Chicken
- Flatten chicken breast between pieces of wax paper or plastic wrap with a mallet and cut into serving size pieces.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper, then dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil about an inch deep in a large skillet and brown pieces of chicken on both sides and drain.
- Whisk together the crushed pineapple, bbq sauce, cornstarch and ginger.
- Place chicken in a clean skillet and cover with sauce. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with chinks of pineapple if desired.