- 6-8 chicken pieces
- tbsp. chicken base or boullion cube
- 1 small
- onion, halved & sliced
- green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1/2
- tbsp. mild jamaican curry powder
- 2 large
- russet potatoes, thick sliced
- 1 1/2 c
- boiling water
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, cooking oil
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- chick peas or garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 c
- golden raisins, optional for a touch of sweetness
How to Make Curry Chicken and Potatoes
- 1Heat the oven to 375. Boil the water. Chop the onions and the green bell pepper. Slice the potatoes and store the potatoes in cold water until needed.
- 2Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Brown the chicken in cooking oil.
- 3In the boiling water, dissolve the chicken base and mix in the curry powder and cayenne pepper.
- 4Place the browned chicken in a large glass rectangular dish. Top the chicken with the onions and bell peppers. Pour the curry powder mixture over the chicken. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 30 mins. Uncover and place the potatoes in between the chicken and pour in the chick peas & raisins then cook another 30-40 mins. until potatoes are cooked and curried.
- 5Garnish with chopped parsley or chopped scallions.
Serve with Naan bread, cabbage, and/or rice.