Curried Coconut Chicken
2boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 1/2 Tbspvegetable oil
2 Tbspcurry powder
1/2onion, thinly sliced
2 clovegarlic, crushed
14 ozcoconut milk, unsweetened
1 can(s)14.5 oz can stewed, diced tomatoes
8 oztomato sauce
How to Make Curried Coconut Chicken
- season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium heat for two minutes. (be careful not to stand over the pan, curry powder can be overwhelming..)Sir in onions and garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken; tossing lightly to cover completely with curry oil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 7-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear.
- Pour in coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce and sugar, stirring to combine.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for approximately 30-40 minutes and serve over Hot steamed rice.