Curried Coconut Chicken
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp
- curry powder
- onion, thinly sliced
- 2 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 14 oz
- coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 can(s)
- 14.5 oz can stewed, diced tomatoes
- 8 oz
- tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp
How to Make Curried Coconut Chicken
- 1season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium heat for two minutes. (be careful not to stand over the pan, curry powder can be overwhelming..)Sir in onions and garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- 2Add chicken; tossing lightly to cover completely with curry oil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and cook for 7-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear.
- 4Pour in coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce and sugar, stirring to combine.
- 5Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for approximately 30-40 minutes and serve over Hot steamed rice.