"Curried Chicken Supreme On Rice"
Inspired by: dishingupnirvana.blogspot.com.au
12chicken pieces, skinless and boneless
2 mediumbrown onions sliced finely
2ripe tomatoes grated
4 mediumpotatoes quartered
1 smallcup shelled peas
1 tspgrated ginger
1 tspminced garlic
1 sprig(s)curry leaf
1 Tbsptomato paste
1 bunchfresh cilantro
2 Tbspcoconut oil or olive oil
1 1/4 tspred chili powder
1 cwater, warm
How to Make "Curried Chicken Supreme On Rice"
- thoroughly wash chicken pieces.
wash and peel vegetables,grate tomatoes and slice onion finely.
- heat a large pan,add oil and fry chicken slightly to seal in the juices for about 2 minutes turning until slightly browned then remove from pan.
- add sliced onion into pan and saute for 2-3 minutes until slightly brown,add ginger and garlic,curry leaves,add the powdered spices and braise for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- add 100 ml warm water, cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
add grated tomatoes
add tomato taste
add 100 ml warm water
add chicken portions
add quartered potatoes
add remaining warm water and stir to cook.
- cover pot with lid and allow to cook on low heat for 25-30 minutes,until the potatoes are soft.
- remove from heat,garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve on a bed of white rice.