Cuban Chicken with Mojo (Pollo con Mojo)
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Why daydream about warm, tropical destinations when you can transport yourself?! Juliann's recipe is like a warm Cuban breeze scented with the aroma of lime and cumin. That's right, it's THAT good! Sign me up for seconds, please. The Test Kitchen
- 1 large
- chicken, young fryer, cut in pieces leave the skin on.
- 8 clove
- fresh garlic smashed (4 cloves in each dish)
- 3/4 c
- fresh lime juice, no limes then use lemons, don't use the bottled juice
- 2 large
- vidalia or texas sweet onion sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1 tsp
- salt or more to suit your taste
- 1 tsp
- adobo goya brand or any powdered adobo
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black peper
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, light
How to Make Cuban Chicken with Mojo (Pollo con Mojo)
- 1In your blender add half cup lime juice, (save the 1/4 cup lime juice left for later) 4 cloves garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, and black pepper. blend well pour into a large freezer bag and add your cut up chicken. Seal and massage bag so as to incorporate marinade well into the chicken refrigerate over night or at least for two hours.
- 2Next day or two hours later. Preheat oven on 350 degrees for 10 minutes then place chicken in a large baking pan and bake uncovered on 350 degrees for 45/55 minutes. Chicken should be golden brown. Do not over bake or the chicken will be dry.
- 3While chicken is baking heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add onion slices and smashed garlic. Saute on a medium flame for about three to four minutes add the adobo powder and a small sprinkle of oregano,cumin,salt and black pepper. Stir again and add the remaining 1/4 cup of lime juice. Stir well for half a minute more and remove from the flame.
- 4When chicken is done remove from the oven and pour the mojo all over the baked chicken. Serve with white rice, and seasoned Cuban black beans. You may want to add a little more salt and pepper to suit your taste. Enjoy!