Crockpot Honey Chicken
- 2 lb
- 4 med sized skinless, boneless chicken breasts (original recipe used skinless, boneless thighs 7 or 8)
- salt & pepper
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced (i used 1 teaspoon minced garlic from a jar)
- 1/2 c
- diced onion
- 1/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes (i used 1 tsp sriracha sauce for a little heat)
- each, red, orange & yellow bell pepper, cut in chunks (this was my addition)
- 8oz snack size pineapple chunks (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
How to Make Crockpot Honey Chicken
- 1Remove any skin or fat from chicken. Place chicken in crockpot and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- 3Cook on low for 3 - 4 hours or high for 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours. I cooked on low for 4 1/2 hours.
- 4When you have 1/2 hr time remaining, remove chicken from crockpot and cut into chunks. Prior to putting the chicken back in the crockpot, combine some cornstarch (about a tbls)with cold water and whisk it into the crockpot to thicken the sauce a bit.
- 6Set crockpot on warm while you prepare your side. Serve hot over a bed of white rice (optional)and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top (optional)