Crockpot Creamy Ranch Chicken
Angela (Grammy) Derby
There are some things I always do, though. One is to always, always, brown your meat first. It seals in the juices and adds color to the dish. That's what I did for his recipe, too.
You'll see it says to just put the chicken breasts in the crock pot, but please don't. It really does make a difference in flavor, color and texture of the meat.
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts (i browned mine first after sprinkling with paprika)
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, melted and divided
- 1 (10 3/4 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup (sometimes i use mushroom)
- 8 oz.
- cream cheese, cubed or 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 (1 oz.) pkg
- dry hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 tsp
- minced garlic
- dash paprika
- 1/4 tsp
- dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 tsp
- dried oregano (optional)
How to Make Crockpot Creamy Ranch Chicken
- 1Wash and dry chicken breasts and place them evenly in crock pot. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 2Sprinkle 1/2 the package of Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix over chicken.
- 3Drizzle chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- 4Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- 5In a pan, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan along with minced garlic and saute slightly. Add the rest of the Ranch dressing, the cream of chicken soup, 8 oz. of cream cheese cubes OR sour cream, 1/2 cup chicken broth, dried parsley flakes, and dried oregano (if desired). Stir on medium heat until smooth.
- 6Pour mixture over the chicken in crock pot, cover again and continue to cook on low for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours.
- 7Serve over buttered egg noodles, bow tie pasta or rice.