Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
Italian seasoning is a great general place to start, but you may wish to add oregano, a pinch of basil...whatever you like.
I don't think I have ever made it the same way twice, though it's a always a hit with the family. :-)
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
- Spray crock pot liner with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken in crock-pot.
- Sprinkle generously with seasonings. Place mushrooms on top of chicken.
- Pour in tomato sauce and wine.
- Cook on low for about 5 hours.
- If dish will not be served until later, remove chicken and refrigerate. You can let sauce continue to cook on low for several hours. About 15 minutes prior to serving, return chicken to pot. Serve over hot noodles of choice.