Crock Pot Chicken and Pesto Lasagna
I found this recipe I believe it was from a family circle magazine..I only kept the recipe so I dont remember.
- 1 t canola oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 package ( 10 ounces ) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry chopped
- ¾ cup pesto
- ½ t salt and pepper
- 1 cup ricotta
- ¾ c italian shredded cheese
- 10 lasagna noodles broken in half
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken and Pesto Lasagna
- 1Heat oil in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook 3 minutes or until softened. Add chicken to skillet and cook stirring frequently until no longer pink. Add spinache, pestco, salt and pepper to skillet and stir until well blended, set aside.
In small bowl combine ricotta and ½ cup Italian shredded cheese.
Coat slow cooker with non stick spray, layer a third of the uncooked noodles, overlap as needed, spread a third of chicken mixture over noodles, then top with ¼ cup water. Dallop a third of ricotta mixture on top, and continue layering with remaining noodles, meat, ¼ cup water, and ricotta.
Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 ½ hours. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup cheese on top for at least 15 minutes.
Serves 6 prep time: 10 minutes cook : 7 minutes slow cook: 3 hour
Per serving 394 calories ( 8g sat fat ) 28 gram protein, 29 gram carbs, 3 gram fiber, 547 mg sodium, 144 mg cholesterol