Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
5-6boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 4-5 skinless boneless breasts)
2 clovegarlic crushed or microplaned
1/3rib of celery chopped finely
8-10baby carrots (or 1 large carrot sliced into coins)
3-4 cchicken broth to cover chicken and vegetables
2 can(s)cream of chicken soup, fat-free
AFTER 5 HOURS IN CROCK POT:
1 can(s)(5 biscuits) cut in half and each half cut in thirds (or homemade biscuits made and cut as instructed)
1/4 cflour for dusting (i use whole wheat)
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Place chicken thighs in a single layer on the bottom of crock pot (You can also use 4-5 boneless skinless breasts)If you are pressed for time, you can put them in the crock pot frozen, they will cook well in 5 hours.
- Add diced onion, garlic, celery, baby carrots on top of the chicken followed by the 3-4 cups of chicken broth to cover the meat and vegetables.
- Add both cans of cream of chicken soup and stir.
Set crock pot to high and cook for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours of cooking, Cut biscuits in half and cut each half into thirds. Dust with flour and place in chicken soup. Stir.
- Cook for an additional 45 minutes to one hour on high until biscuits are cooked through. Serve in bowls! Enjoy!