Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 4-5 skinless boneless breasts)
- onion diced
- 2 clove
- garlic crushed or microplaned
- rib of celery chopped finely
- baby carrots (or 1 large carrot sliced into coins)
- 3-4 c
- chicken broth to cover chicken and vegetables
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup, fat-free
- 1 can(s)
- (5 biscuits) cut in half and each half cut in thirds (or homemade biscuits made and cut as instructed)
- 1/4 c
- flour for dusting (i use whole wheat)
AFTER 5 HOURS IN CROCK POT:
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- 1Place chicken thighs in a single layer on the bottom of crock pot (You can also use 4-5 boneless skinless breasts)If you are pressed for time, you can put them in the crock pot frozen, they will cook well in 5 hours.
- 2Add diced onion, garlic, celery, baby carrots on top of the chicken followed by the 3-4 cups of chicken broth to cover the meat and vegetables.
- 3Add both cans of cream of chicken soup and stir.
Set crock pot to high and cook for 5 hours.
- 4After 5 hours of cooking, Cut biscuits in half and cut each half into thirds. Dust with flour and place in chicken soup. Stir.
- 5Cook for an additional 45 minutes to one hour on high until biscuits are cooked through. Serve in bowls! Enjoy!