Crock Pot Chicken A la King
1 1/2 lbuncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
10 1/4 ozcream of chicken soup, fat-free, low-sodium
1/4 tspblack pepper
9 ozfrozen peas and onions, thawed and drained
2 Tbspchopped pimentos
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken A la King
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker/ crock-pot with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in the slow cooker.
- Combine soup, flour and pepper. Pour over chicken. Do not stir.
- Cover. Cook on high 2 1/2 hours or low 5-5 1/2 hours.
- Stir in peas and onions, pimentos and paprika.
- Cover. Cook on high 20-30 minutes.
- I added 1 cup of diced onions, since I was unable to locate a bag of peas and onions. 1/2 to 1 cup of diced peppers was also added on top of the soup mixture in Step 3.
- I added 1 cup of chopped fresh mushrooms when I added the pkg. of peas and mixed all the ingredients together and continued cooking on high until heated throughout.( Look at Step 6 )
- Note: If your diet allows, you may want to add 1/2 tsp salt to the mixture in Step 2. ( I always end up adding more salt and/or pepper to taste at the end of the cooking time).