Crock Pot Chicken A la King
- 1 1/2 lb
- uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10 1/4 oz
- cream of chicken soup, fat-free, low-sodium
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 9 oz
- frozen peas and onions, thawed and drained
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped pimentos
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken A la King
- 1Spray the inside of the slow cooker/ crock-pot with a non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in the slow cooker.
- 3Combine soup, flour and pepper. Pour over chicken. Do not stir.
- 4Cover. Cook on high 2 1/2 hours or low 5-5 1/2 hours.
- 5Stir in peas and onions, pimentos and paprika.
- 6Cover. Cook on high 20-30 minutes.
- 7I added 1 cup of diced onions, since I was unable to locate a bag of peas and onions. 1/2 to 1 cup of diced peppers was also added on top of the soup mixture in Step 3.
- 8I added 1 cup of chopped fresh mushrooms when I added the pkg. of peas and mixed all the ingredients together and continued cooking on high until heated throughout.( Look at Step 6 )
- 9Note: If your diet allows, you may want to add 1/2 tsp salt to the mixture in Step 2. ( I always end up adding more salt and/or pepper to taste at the end of the cooking time).