Crock-Pot Cajun Dinner
Jo Ann Duren
I prepared this dish last night. This dish was easy to prepare, flavorful and delicious.
My husband said this recipe was a keeper.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6skinless chicken breasts
1 lblean smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
2green bell peppers, coarsely chopped
1 csliced celery
1(14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 tspchicken flavored bouillion granules
1 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspground black pepper
2 cinstant rice
How to Make Crock-Pot Cajun Dinner
- Spray a 4-quart Crock with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place sausage, peppers, onions, celery, tomatoes, bouillion, bay leaves and garlic powder.
- Stir to blend well.
- Top with the chicken breasts and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours or until the chicken is done and the vegetables are tender.
- Add in the rice.
- Stir gently and thoroughly to blend.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Remove the bay leaves before serving.