Crispy & Juicy Fried Chicken
·all purpose flour
·any other herbs/spices you like to use
How to Make Crispy & Juicy Fried Chicken
- Place the flour in a large ziplock bag along with the spices you choose. (I'm usually pretty generous with my spices.)
- Rinse off the chicken pieces and add to the seasoned flour bag.
- Close the ziplock without removing the extra air. (This will allow the chicken pieces to move around in the bag and get coated thoroughly) Shake until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Pour oil into a large fry pan until you have about an inch in the pan.
- Dip your fingers in water and sprinkle some water drops into the oil. Heat the oil. You will hear it popping from the water droplets. (When it almost stops popping, it's hot enough to add the chicken)
- When the oil is ready, place your chicken pieces into the oil, and turn it down to Medium heat to reduce spattering.
- Turn the chicken pieces over at least 4 times during cooking to make sure they are evenly golden browned, cooking until done.
- Remove and place onto a plate lined with several sheets of paper towel, to absorb any remaining oil.