Some amounts and times are approximate, as it depends how big your frying pan is as well as how big your chicken pieces are, and how big your roaster is!
Keep an eye on it when you are frying--you may have to increase/decrease your stove temperature as you go along.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
10 clovewhole allspice
How to Make Crispy Chicken
- Cut up your chicken into 8 pieces. Salt the pieces rather generously.
- Mix the flour, salt, and pepper in a bag. Put 1 or 2 pieces at a time in the bag and shake until coated with flour.
- In a frying pan, melt oil and a stick of butter. Use enough oil with the butter to get a 3/4" to 1" depth in the pan. Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Fry the chicken pieces until brown--about 20 minutes on one side, 10-15 on the second side for larger pieces. Less for smaller--check the brownness as you go along. They should be a nice golden brown.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Scatter whole allspice in the bottom of your roaster. Place chicken in roaster.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes (longer time if you have chicken layered in the roaster).