★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbabout 8 chicken tenders
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspseasoning salt
How to Make Crispy Chicken Tenders For 2
- rinse and dry 1 pound chicken tenders or cut skinless chicken breasts into strips. trim well.
- put strips into a deep bowl and cover with buttermilk. it only took a cup for me. let soak for 15-20 minutes while you work on the coating and oil. if you are cooking a large amount, preheat the oven to 200 with a cookie sheet.
- heat 1/2-3/4 inch of oil in a large pan over medium heat. i used about 2 cups in a 12 inch cast iron fry pan, get to a steady temperature of 365 plus or minus. don't be under 350 or above 400.
- mix 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour with 1 tablespoon of seasoning salt.
- now drizzle 1/4 cup buttermilk into the flour mixture while mixing continuously. you will make a shaggy coating.
- remove the chicken from the buttermilk and coat in the flour mixture. coat well and place on plate.
- when you place the chicken in the oil, the temperature will drop. increase the heat at this point. i went from 1/2-3/4 to maintain the temperature in the 350-400 range.
- cook in batches about 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown and internal temperature to 165.
- cover on plate or place in oven to keep warm.