Crispy Chicken Romano
- (approx. 5 ounce) skinless chicken breasts or thighs, pounded to 1/4" thickness
- 1 c
- freshly grated romano cheese (asiago, reggiano, grana padano or similar)
- 1/2 c
- fine breadcrumbs or panko, more if needed
- 2 Tbsp
- flour, more if needed
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c
- grape seed oil (or similar oil that can withstand high heat)
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- *fresh* basil leaves
- lemon slices
How to Make Crispy Chicken Romano
- 1Preheat broiler to HIGH. Sprinkle both side of chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2In a shallow prep dish combine 3/4 cup of the cheese, breadcrumbs/panko and flour; mix well.
- 3Place the whisked eggs in another prep bowl. Dip chicken in eggs first then roll in the cheese/breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere if necessary.
- 4In a large ovenproof skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3-5 minutes per side or until chicken pieces are golden brown and no longer pink. Garnish remaining cheese over the chicken and place in oven. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or *just* until the cheese melts.
- 5Transfer chicken to a serving platter and garnish with a light sprinkle of cheese, lemon slices and fresh basil.