Crispy Cheddar Chicken
2 lbchicken tenders or chicken breast
2sleeves of ritz type crackers; crushed
1/4 tspsalt (i omitted the salt because of the crackers)
3 cgrated cheddar cheese
1 tspdried parsley
10 ozcan cream of chicken soup
2 Tbspsour cream (i used sour cream with chives)
2 Tbspbutter. (i used country crock)
How to Make Crispy Cheddar Chicken
- Crush crackers
- If using chicken breasts and not tenders, cut each chicken breast into 3 large pieces.
- Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate shallow pans or bowls.
- Toss the salt and pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir to combine.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk and then the cheese. Press the cheese into the chicken with your fingers.
- Firmly press the cheesy coated chicken into the cracker crumbs.
- Greese a 9×13 pan with canola oil and lay the chicken inside the pan.
- Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken. Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
- In a medium size sauce pan, combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter. Blend well with a wire whisk.
- Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Spoon over the finished chicken and serve.