Crispy Cheddar Chicken
- 2 lb
- chicken tenders or chicken breast
- sleeves of ritz type crackers; crushed
- 1/4 tsp
- salt (i omitted the salt because of the crackers)
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/2 c
- 3 c
- grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp
- dried parsley
- 10 oz
- can cream of chicken soup
- 2 Tbsp
- sour cream (i used sour cream with chives)
- 2 Tbsp
- butter. (i used country crock)
How to Make Crispy Cheddar Chicken
- 1Crush crackers
- 2If using chicken breasts and not tenders, cut each chicken breast into 3 large pieces.
- 3Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate shallow pans or bowls.
- 4Toss the salt and pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir to combine.
- 5Dip each piece of chicken into the milk and then the cheese. Press the cheese into the chicken with your fingers.
- 6Firmly press the cheesy coated chicken into the cracker crumbs.
- 7Greese a 9×13 pan with canola oil and lay the chicken inside the pan.
- 8Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken. Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- 9Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
- 10In a medium size sauce pan, combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter. Blend well with a wire whisk.
- 11Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Spoon over the finished chicken and serve.