Crispy Crusted Baked Chicken~Robynne
Disclaimer: I have always used recipes as a guide and use my instincts and experience to alter or omit ingredients as I cook. Therefore, it has always been a challenge when sharing recipes with others. I doubt I make dishes the same way twice. So, I advise you to use my recipes the same way. Trust your experience and adjust to your personal taste~Robynne
3 1/2 lbfrying chicken, cut up or i use boneless skinless breast.
1 cinstant potato flakes (not potato buds)
2 tspgranulated garlic
1/3 cparmesan cheese, grated
·note: i usually make 1 1/2 times the coating for my chicken.
How to Make Crispy Crusted Baked Chicken~Robynne
- Wash chicken pieces and pat dry; set aside.
- Beat egg and mil in bowl
- In another bowl mix potato flakes, garlic, salt and cheese.
- Roll chicken first in egg mix, then in potato flakes mixture.
- Melt butter in shallow baking pan. Roll coated chicken pieces in the butter and place them skin side up in the pan. I sprinkle chicken with dried parsley, but it is not necessary.
- Bake at 400 F degrees for 30-45 minutes or until juices from thighs run clear when pierced with a fork. *I have a convection oven and it cooks quicker.
- Transfer to serving platter. Enjoy!