Creamy Tarragon Chicken Breasts
6boneless chicken breast halves
·salt & pepper
1/4 call-purpose flour
2 Tbspfinely chopped onion
1/2 cwhite wine, dry
1 Tbspfresh tarragon chopped, 1/2 tsp dried
1 cchicken broth
3/4 cheavy cream
How to Make Creamy Tarragon Chicken Breasts
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; dredge in flour. Set aside the remaining flour.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add onion to skillet and saute for 1 minute.
- Add wine to skillet; increase heat to high and cook until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring to loosen browned bits on bottom of skillet.
- Reduce heat. Add reserved flour, making a thick paste. Add tarragon and chicken broth. Return chicken to skillet. Cover and cook until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts to platter. Add remaining butter and heavy cream to the skillet. Heat through; pour creamy tarragon sauce over chicken breasts.