Creamy Tarragon Chicken Breasts
- boneless chicken breast halves
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- finely chopped onion
- 1/2 c
- white wine, dry
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh tarragon chopped, 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 3/4 c
- heavy cream
How to Make Creamy Tarragon Chicken Breasts
- 1Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; dredge in flour. Set aside the remaining flour.
- 2In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 3Add onion to skillet and saute for 1 minute.
- 4Add wine to skillet; increase heat to high and cook until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring to loosen browned bits on bottom of skillet.
- 5Reduce heat. Add reserved flour, making a thick paste. Add tarragon and chicken broth. Return chicken to skillet. Cover and cook until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 6Remove chicken breasts to platter. Add remaining butter and heavy cream to the skillet. Heat through; pour creamy tarragon sauce over chicken breasts.