Creamy Pesto Alfredo Farfalle
How to Make Creamy Pesto Alfredo Farfalle
- 1Boil pasta according to package directions.
- 2While pasta is cooking, heat butter over medium heat in a heavy saute pan. Add garlic and cook until lightly golden and fragrant. Don't turn your heat up too high, or your garlic will become bitter.
- 3Add flour to butter and garlic, stirring quickly with a whisk. Cook this roux about 3-5 minutes, or until it is golden.
- 4Add cream and milk, stirring constantly. Whisk until all lumps are gone.
- 5Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Now you have a basic bechamel sauce.
- 6Continue to simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce the sauce until the thickness is to your liking.
- 7When sauce has thickened, remove from heat and add pesto, stirring well. Serve over hot pasta.