Loretta Lynn's Creamy Lemon Chicken
You may want to add a smaller amount of lemon juice, as it is fairly prominent. However,when reheated the next day (if there are any leftovers!) the lemon flavor will have mellowed.
I also often add one minced garlic clove when browning chicken.
One of my husband and my favorite recipes!
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 stick
- salt and pepper to taste, mixed with 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1/8 - 1/4 c
- lemon juice, preferably fresh squeezed
- green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- lemon zest (optional)
How to Make Loretta Lynn's Creamy Lemon Chicken
- 1Preheat oven to 350 º. Melt butter in skillet. Cut chicken breasts into strips, and lightly dredge in flour mixture.
- 2Saute breasts in butter until golden. Transfer chicken and any juices to a small baking dish.
- 3Mix well the mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon juice; pour over chicken. Cover. Bake 20 - 25 minutes at 350º, or until cooked through and tender.
- 4Zest chicken with 1/4 to 1/2 lemon, then sprinkle with cheese and green onion. Heat, uncovered, a few minutes until cheese is melted.
Great served with extra-wide flat noodles!