Creamy Chicken & Mushrooms
Diane Hopson Smith
This dish can be prepared on a stove top if you don't have the Ninja.
I am totally impressed with the Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system. Less heat in the kitchen, less pans to clean up and a very easy clean up! I purchased mine at Sam's Club for a reasonable price.
This recipe is from the Ninja cookbook.
1 1/4 lbchicken breasts, boneless and skinless (i used 2 large breast the could have been split)
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
·salt and pepper
1 smallonion, chopped
1(8-oz pkg) fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspthyme, dried
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1 cchicken broth
1/2 cwhite wine
2 Tbspheavy cream
How to Make Creamy Chicken & Mushrooms
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to pot and then place chicken breast in pot. Set Ninja to STOVETOP HIGH and heat pan. Cook uncovered 10 minuntes or until chicken is browned on both sides; remove chicken from pan and set aside.
NOTE: On stove top set to med/high heat.
- Add butter and onion to pot. Set Ninja to STOVETOP MED; cook uncovered 3 minutes or until onion is tender; stirring occassionally.
NOTE: On stove top; reduce heat to medium.
- Add mushooms, garlic, salt, and thyme to pot. Cook 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occassionally. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Sir in broth and wine; heat to a boil.
- Return chicken to pot. Cook uncovered 5 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in cream; serve.