Creamy Chicken Enchiladas with a Twist
Diane Hopson Smith
The heat in this dish is entirely up to your taste.
Hope you enjoy!
- 2 or 3 large
- chicken breast, cooked, shredded
- 2 Tbsp
- taco seasoning mix, to taste
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 1/2-ounce can corn, drained
- 4 1/2 oz
- can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 c
- mild pace salsa, can use hotter if desired
- 4 oz
- cream cheese
- 2 1/2 c
- cheese, shredded (your choice) i used mexican style four cheese blend)
- salt and pepper, optional for taste
- flour tortillas
- 10-ounce old el paso enchilada sauce, mild or hot depending on taste
- jalapeno pepper, optional for garnish
How to Make Creamy Chicken Enchiladas with a Twist
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish; set aside.
- 2Cover chicken with water; add 2 Tbsp salt; boil until cooked. RESERVE CHICKEN BROTH FOR FILLING. Shred chicken; sprinkle with taco seasoning. NOTE: I shredded chicken with 2 forks while still hot.
- 3Combine cream of chicken with 3/4 can chicken broth; add black beans, corn, salsa, green chiles; heat to a simmer; add 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese and 4 oz cream cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Add shredded chicken; stir until well blended. Add salt and pepper to mixture if desired.
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until bubbly around edges.