Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1onion, thinly sliced
3/4 ccooked chicken, shredded
1/4 ccanned diced green chilis
3 ozcream cheese, diced
1/4 ccorn oil
46 inch corn tortillas
1/3 cwhipping cream
1 cmontery jack cheese, grated
How to Make Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet over low heat. Add onion and saute until limp but not brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix into onions the following: chicken, chilis and cream cheese. Season filling with salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium heat. Add tortillas one at a time and fry until just beginning to blister, turning once. About 1 minute. Drain on paper towels.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken filling down center of each tortilla and roll.
- Place enchiladas seam side down in a glass baking dish.
- Pour cream over all. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Make at 375 degrees until cream thickens and cheese bubbles. 20 minutes.
- Serve with salsa.