Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
1 Tbspolive oil
2 4oz can(s)green chiles
1medium onion, chopped
1 Tbspgarlic , minced
·salt and pepper to taste
·3 large chicken breast cut into strips seasoned with essence of emeril
1 8oz pkgcream cheese, room temperature
3 cmonterey jack cheese, shredded
1 chalf and half (1/2 pt.)
How to Make Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cut up chicken breast into strips and season with essence of Emeril. Cook in large skillet.
- When you are done place the cooked chicken aside on a plate till ready to use. To make the filling add the chilies, onion and garlic to the medium heated skillet.
- Sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper, sauté' 1 minute longer. Stir in cream cheese and keep stirring till melted.
- Next toss in the chicken strips and mix well till coated in the cream cheese mixture. Remove from heat.
- Fill each tortilla with Chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam-side down in the baking dish. Cover enchiladas with shredded cheese.
- Drizzle half&half over cheese-covered enchiladas.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Serve with Spanish rice, refried beans, or chips and salsa.