Creamy Chicken Dumpling Wannabe
3 lbchicken pieces or 3 to 4 cups cooked chicken
5 Tbspunsalted butter
1/3 conion, chopped fine
1/3 ccelery, sliced fine
1/3 ccarrot, shredded
1 cself rising flour
1 cwhole milk
2 creserved chicken broth or canned broth
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
How to Make Creamy Chicken Dumpling Wannabe
- Boil chicken in stockpot until tender and done, approx. 45 mins to 1 hour. Remove the chicken and allow to cool. Reserve broth. When cool remove chicken from bone and set aside.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of your butter in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish reserving the other tablespoon. Spread cooled chicken pieces on top of the butter. Sprinkle your prepped onion, celery and carrots over top of chicken. Note: adding the vegetables is optional, just as good without!
- Measure self rising flour into small mixing bowl and slowly whisk in your milk a little at a time. When blended, slowly pour that over the chicken and vegetable mixture taking care not to disturb the chicken too much. Don't stir it up!
- Empty cream of chicken soup into your mixing bowl and slowly whisk in your broth a little at a time until soup mixture is smooth. Very carefully pour that over the flour and milk mixture and again, don't stir it up! Drizzle remaining tablespoon of butter over the top.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, or until top is light golden brown. Let set for 5 or 10 minutes and serve.