Creamy Chicken Broccoli Bake
- nonstick cooking spray
- 10 oz. dried medium noodles
- 1 ½ lbs. skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 green onions, sliced, 1 cup
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, seeded and chopped, ½ cup
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, optional
- 2 cans cream of broccoli soup, 10.75 oz. each
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 pkg. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained, 16 oz
- ½ cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- green onions, bias cut, optional
How to Make Creamy Chicken Broccoli Bake
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 3 quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside
- 2Cook noodles as pkg. directs. Drain well. Rinse with cold water, drain well again.
- 3Meanwhile, coat an unheated large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add chicken to hot skillet. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or til chicken is no longer pink. Transfer chicken to large bowl.
- 4Add mushrooms, the 8 green onions, and sweet red pepper to skillet. Cook and stir til vegetables are tender. If needed, add 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil to skillet.
- 5Transfer vegetables to bowl with chicken. Stir in cream of broccoli soup, sour cream broth, mustard and black pepper. Gently stir in cooked noodles and broccoli.
- 6Spoon chicken mixture into prepared dish. Mix bread crumbs and melted butter; Sprinkle over chicken mixture. Cover dish with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 30 minutes or til heated through. If desired, garnish with bias sliced green onions. Makes 12 servings.