Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms
- 2 to 3 lbs
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless trimmed and filleted
- salt and pepper
- 2 or 3 dash(es)
- half a stick of butter
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1/2 large
- onion, sliced thinly
- 1 pkg
- white mushrooms
- 1/4 c
- chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken broth or stock
- 1 can(s)
- condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream
How to Make Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms
- 1wash, trim and fillet chicken, pat dry and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- 2fry chicken in butter to brown on each side, adding more butter as needed. place browned chicken in baking dish and repeat until all chicken is browned.
- 3after all chicken is fried add remaining butter (if there is any) and add garlic, onions, mushrooms, and green onion. sautee for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4add broth to pan to deglaze, bring to boil.
- 5add cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup, and heavy cream, mix and bring to light boil again.
- 6pour pan contents over chicken and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbling.
- 7serve over rice or egg noodles.