Creamy Cheesey Gooey Enchilada Casserol
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- corn tortillas depending on the size of the casserole dish you use
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- 2-3 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1-2 can(s)
- refried beans
- 10-15 oz
- red enchilada sauce
- you can also add diced tomatoes, olives and chopped onions depending on your mood :) the measurements aren't exact because i use diff size dishes and sometimes i'm making it for more than just us 4 so i just eyeball it!
ON THE SIDE
How to Make Creamy Cheesey Gooey Enchilada Casserol
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350
- 2Place both chicken breasts in a pot of boiling water with spices of your choice, I always add two dried chili peppers and some pepper flakes but you could do it without that easily. Boil for about an hour until the chicken is cooked through and will easily pull apart with a fork!
- 5Then pull out whatever baking dish size or shape you have that best fits. In the bottom pour some of the enchilada sauce until it completely coats the bottom to prevent sticking.
- 6Let the layering begin!! Lay down the tortillas to cover the bottom of the pan (i usually have 4 per layer with the pans i use), then a thin layer of the re-fried beans (I’ve found its easier to do the bean spreading if you heat the beans up prior), Then a layer of the cheesy/sour cream/chicken mixture. At this point you can add olives or tomatoes or anything else you want and then top with a layer of the enchilada sauce. Another layer of tortillas and repeat until you've just barely reached the top of the dish!