1/2 cchicken broth or stock
2 can(s)(7oz ea.) packed tuna
1 cpeas, cooked
1/2 ccashews , chopped ; optional
How to Make Creamed Tuna
- Melt fat in a large saucepan; stir in flour.
- Mix in liquids and seasonings.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
- Add tuna, peas, and almonds. Continue cooking until heated through.
- Serve hot in patty shells or over toasted waffles or biscuits.
- note : this can be done with left over chicken also , just add 3 cups cooked chicken , 1/2 teas. salt , 1/2 teas. garlic powder and swap almond with the cashews.