Creamed Lemon Chicken
8chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 calmonds, slivered
4garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbspginger, freshly minced
2 tsplemon peel, grated
1/2 clemon juice
1/4 cchicken broth
2 Tbspsoy sauce, light
1/4 ccooking oil
1 call purpose flour
4 Tbspbutter, unsalted
How to Make Creamed Lemon Chicken
- ADVANCE PREPARATION: Dip each chicken breast in water and then gently flatten with a meat pounder or rolling pin until the breast increases in size by about one-third; set aside.
- Toast the almonds in a 325 oven until light golden, then set aside.
- Mince the chives and set aside.
- Combine the garlic and ginger and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the sauce ingredients and mix well.
- LAST-MINUTE COOKING: Combine the cornstarch with an equal amount of cold water.
- Preheat the oven to warm.
- Place a small noncorrosive skillet or saucepan over medium heat; add 1 tablespoon cooking oil and then garlic and ginger - Saute briefly then add the sauce.
- Bring to a low boil and reduce the heat to simmer.
- Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with a little salt and pepper; dust with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Place a 12-inch skillet over high heat; when hot, add the butter and remaining 3 tablespoons of oil.
- When the butter bubbles, pan-fry 3 or 4 chicken pieces at a time; cook for about 1 minute on each side.
- The chicken is done when the meat turns color and feels firm to the touch (do not overcook).
- Transfer the chicken to a heated platter or dinner plates and keep warm in the oven while you cook the remaining chicken.
- Bring the sauce back to a low boil and stir in a little of the cornstarch mixture to lightly thicken it; spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the almonds and chives on top, then serve at once.