Cream Cheese Chicken
I can't remember where I got this recipe or when - I have made it several times with white rice, wild rice and with pasta. It is always a winner no matter what you serve it with - even mashed potatoes.
- 4 slice
- bacon, chopped
- 4 small
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 large
- carrots, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 1 c
- chicken broth, divided
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- cooked pasta, rice or mashed potatoes
How to Make Cream Cheese Chicken
- 1Cook and stir bacon in a large skillet on medium heat for 5 minutes or so until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet to drain on paper towels. Discard most of the drippings from the skillet.
- 2Add the chicken to skillet and cook for 5 - 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides. Transfer the chicken to a covered plate to keep warm. Add the vegetables and 1/2 cup of the broth to skillet; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 3Stir in the remaining broth and add the cream cheese. Cook uncovered for about 2 minutes or until the cream cheese is melted and sauce has thickened, stirring frequently. Return the chicken to the skillet; cook another few minutes until all is bubbly. Spoon over rice, pasta or mashed potatoes, top with sauce and bacon. Enjoy!!