The dressing is even better if you make it a day in advance.
I also like to throw some mandarin oranges and occasionally cranberries into the mix, sooo yummy!
However, once the dressing is on it does not hold over well. So only dress what you need or make sure it's all eaten that day!
- popcorn chicken, cooked according to package directions (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 flavor packets from chicken ramen (noodles for topping)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small head red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 small head napa cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 bunch (4-6) green onions, finely chopped
- 2 packages of chicken ramen noodles (only), crushed
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
How to Make Crazy Coleslaw
- 1Cook popcorn chicken according to package directions. Let cool.
- 2In a medium bowl; whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, Ramen FLAVOR packets, salt, and pepper to create dressing. Set aside.
- 3In a small skillet heat 1 Tablespoon of oil or a generous spray of cooking spray. Lightly toast almonds, sesame seeds, and crushed Ramen NOODLES in skillet, until fragrant and lightly brown. Remove from heat and cool.
- 4In a large salad bowl; combine cabbage, green onions, and Noodle/Sesame/Almond mixture. Toss to mix. Pour dressing over slaw, and toss to coat.
- 5Top with several pieces of chicken if you desire.