How to Make Crapple Chicken
- 1Preheat the oven to 350*
Prepare your stuffing per box directions (or however you would your own.)
- 2In a medium frying pan, add a layer of water to the bottom and add the diced apples and bring to a simmer. Remove from water once softened.
- 3Slice or "butterfly" your chicken through the side, not cutting all the way through, (so that the chicken opens like a book).
- 4Mash the apples slighlty so they are not so chunky, and add a light coating of onion powder. then add about half the can of cranberry sauce to the apples and mix.
- 5Place a teaspoon of the cran-apple (or Crapple) mix on the inside of the chicken, and then do the same with the stuffing.
- 6Close the chicken so that the crapple mix and stuffing are sealed into the chicken pocket. (You may want to use toothpicks or butcher's string to secure.)
- 7Set the four breasts into a baking pan and put into the oven until cooked.
- 8*You will notice that the crapple mix does get a little runny, but it helps to keep the chicken from drying out. You may also want to pour some of these juices over the tops of the chicken while it is baking.*