cranberry grilled chicken quarters
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds boiling chicken, quartered
- rice pilaf, optional
- parsley, optional
How to Make cranberry grilled chicken quarters
- 1preheat barbecue to high. In a small pan, mix cranberry sauce, tomato sauce, Brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Break the wing, hip and drumsticks joints so the chicken pieces lie flat. Barbecue chicken, skin side down, over direct heat for 20 minutes. Turn chicken, grill for a further 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is tender, brushing occasionally with sauce. The chicken can be cooked in a kettle or Weber for 50 to 60 minutes. Heat any remaining sauce until bubbly. Serve chicken with sauce and if desired Rice pilaf and parsley. Serves four.