Cranberry Chicken with Gravy
Don't be afraid to use your hands on this one. the whole cranberries make it difficult to use a brush. This also works well in a rotisserie, but remember to tie the chicken closed and stuff the neck otherwise you will lose the cranberry inside.
How to Make Cranberry Chicken with Gravy
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- 2Pour water into your roasting pan.
- 3Prep chicken by removing any left over pinfeathers, etc.
- 4Place 1/2 of the cranberry sauce in the internal cavity of the chicken and smoosh it all around with your hand.
- 5Place small cuts into the skin of the chicken and then use the rest of the sauce as a rub and cover the chicken, making sure that the sauce stays on the chicken (not forgetting to rub the sides, bottom and under the wings and legs).
- 6Place chicken in roaster and roast on 350F for 2 hrs.
- 7After chicken is done, remove from the pan and let rest 10 mins before carving (this allows the juice to settle and keeps it juicy for serving).
- 8Pour the drippings (cranberries and all) into a small sauce pan for gravy and heat on medium until just before boiling.
- 9Dip about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of drippings into another bowl, add cornstarch and mix with a whip until smooth.
- 10Add cornstarch mix to saucepan and bring to a slow boil, then turn down to simmer and continue stirring to keep from sticking or scorching.
- 11After it thickens, remove from heat and pour into a gravy dish.
- 12Carve chicken and serve with gravy poured over the chicken.