How to Make Cranberry Chicken In A Skillet - EASY!
- 1Cook the 4 slices of bacon; crumble. Set aside.
- 2Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet until uniform in size and thickness. This helps with more even cooking, and makes the chicken deliciously tender.
- 3Brown chicken breasts for a few minutes on each side in the bacon drippings; remove skillet from heat.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine the bacon crumbles, cocktail onions, onion soup mix, cranberry sauce, water, and thyme. Stir well. Pour over all the chicken in the skillet.
- 5Return pan to the burner. Lower heat to simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes, until juices run clear. Remove lid; you can continue to cook for several minutes, uncovered, until juices are reduced, and chicken takes on a glazed appearance.
- 6Serve with rice and a nice green vegetable!