Cranberry Cabbage Rolls for Crock Pot
Just use your grinder or blender to grind up the cooked meat you want to use or the raw- both will work for this recipe- I have even used Jimmy Dean or other sausage in the mixture- this was dinner on Sunday.
Hope you and your family enjoy this recipe.
- 1 3/4 c
- cranberry relish or use 14 oz. can whole cranberry sauce
- 14 oz
- can petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1/4 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c
- seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 lb
- (about 3 cups) ground ham or lean ground beef or other meat
- 2/3 c
- instant rice
- 1 large
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp
- allspice, ground
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- tequila, optional
- 1 tsp
- lime juice, optional
- savory cabbage leaves, ribs removed do not pre-cook the savory leaves
- if using regular cabbage-freeze the 12 leaves overnight-no need to cook, remove ribs, freezing makes them limp and pliable.
How to Make Cranberry Cabbage Rolls for Crock Pot
- 1In your slow cooker, combine the cranberry relish, tomatoes, onions, sugar and seasoned vinegar.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, rice, allspice,garlic, allspice, salt and pepper,and tequila and lime juice. Mix well.
- 3Place about 1/4 of a cup of the mixture in each cabbage leaf and place seam side down in the cooker, snuggly in the sauce.
- 4Cook covered, until cabbage is tender and meat mixture is cooked through, on high for 5 to 6 hours or on low for 7-8 hours. Enjoy -I think you will love this.
You can make this in the oven also 350^ in 9x13 sprayed pan ,Cover with foil and bake for about 1 1/2 hours..checking to make sure meat is cooked through and cabbage is tender. Remove foil for 5 minutes of more baking time.