How to Make Cracker-Baked Chicken Thighs
- 1Turn oven on to 375F. Clean fat and skin off chicken (if not already done).
- 2Melt butter in microwave-safe dish, after adding the spices to taste to the butter. I like to add crushed garlic also.
- 3While butter is melting, crush crackers in the tube, then pour them out into a larger bowl (big salad size), crushing as they come out of the tube so there are no large pieces. It doesn't need to be powdered though :D
- 4Dip the chicken in the butter, then in the crushed crackers, turning and coating them well. Put them into a baking dish large enough to hold the quantity you're using. Continue with each piece until all are done.
- 5If there is butter or crackers left, drizzle butter over the top of the chicken, then sprinkle the rest of the crackers over the top.
- 6On the top of the chicken, crush some cracked pepper. I use unsalted butter, so this helps add a little but the crackers are salted - so not too much!
- 7You can use white meat also, and bone-in. I find the dark meat is more moist and the smaller pieces (thigh vs. breast) are a family-friendlier size. The cook time may need to be adjusted for bone-in and larger sizes.