Couscous with Chicken and Artichokes1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cyogurt, plain
2 Tbspchives, chopped
·salt and pepper
1 jar(s)artichoke hearts, marinated and drained
2 Tbspvegetable oil
2garlic cloves, chopped
1red bell pepper, chopped
1.5 cchicken stock
2 Tbspsun-dried tomatoes, oil packed, drained and chopped
2 Tbsppine nuts
1chicken breast, boneless and skinless cut in 1/2" strips
How to Make Couscous with Chicken and Artichokes
- In small bowl, combine yogurt, tomato and 1 tablespoon chives.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Cut artichoke pieces in half, set aside.
- In large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add onion and garlic; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add red pepper, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock; cover and bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous, currants, sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast pine nuts in large frying pan for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove and set aside.
- In same frying pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and saute for 3 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Stir chicken, pine nuts and salt and pepper to taste into couscous mixture.
- Remove to platter and garnish with remaining chives.
- Serve with yogurt mixture.