Country Fried Chicken Steak with Cream Gravy1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Country Fried Chicken Steak with Cream Gravy
- 1Cut the meat into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- 2Pound the meat with a spiked meat mallet to tenderize.
- 3Cut each slice crosswise into 3 pieces.
- 4Place in a large bowl.
- 5Cover with water and add the salt and vinegar.
- 6Marinate for 2 hours.
- 7Combine the 3 cups of flour and pepper in a plastic bag and add the meat, (do not pat dry) 1 piece at a time, shaking to coat thoroughly.
- 8Heat the oil in the deep fryer or deep large skillet, over medium heat, to 350 degrees.
- 9Add the meat in batches (do not crowd) and fry until light brown, about 30 seconds per side.
- 10Drain the meat on paper towels and place it on a heated platter that has been tented with foil.
- 11For the gravy, pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the oil in the skillet, leaving the browned bits.
- 12Heat over medium heat and add the 2 tablespoons of flour, stirring and scraping up all of the browned bits for 3 minutes.
- 13Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the milk.
- 14Stir in the salt and continue to whisk until thickened, about 1 minute.
- 15Serve over the steaks and garnish with parsley just before serving.