☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbchicken, pieces
1 cmushrooms, sliced
1 ccelery, sliced
1 cwhite wine, dry
1/2 ccarrot, coarsely chopped
1onion, cut into thin wedges
1garlic clove, minced
2 Tbspparsley, chopped
1/4 tspdried thyme, crushed
How to Make Country French Chicken
- Remove skin form chicken.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Spray a cold skillet with nonstick coating; preheat the skillet over medium heat.
- Brown chicken on all sides in hot skillet.
- Drain fat from skillet.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms, celery, white wine, carrot, onion, garlic, bay leaf and thyme to the skillet; bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink; discard bay leaf.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to serving platter; keep warm.
- For sauce, bring liquid in skillet to boiling; cook about 3 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables.
- Pair this herbed chicken dish with boiled new potatoes.