Country Chicken Piccata (My Philip's Favorite)
The chicken is so tender and the onions and lemon give it a unique and delish flavor.
- 1/4 c
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- finely crushed corn flakes
- 1 tsp
- minced fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 c
- sliced green onions
- 1/4 tsp
- pinch of pepper
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 Tbsp
How to Make Country Chicken Piccata (My Philip's Favorite)
- 1In small bowl combine milk and eggs. Combine flour, corn flakes salt and pepper in separate bowl.
- 2Pound chicken breasts to a 1/4 inch thickness between two sheets of waxed paper.
- 3Dip chicken in milk mixture then in flour mixture. Turning to coat completely. In 10 inch skillet melt 4 Tablespoons butter. Add garlic and chicken. Cook over medium heat turning occasionally until tender and golden brown.
- 4Place chicken on serving plate and keep warm. Add remaining butter to pan. Stir till melted. Stir in lemon juice. Add green onions. Cook stirring occasionally till heated thru.
- 5Spoon over chicken and serve.
- 6Hint: I found the flavors go thru the chicken better if you put the chicken back in the pan immediately after adding the onions and cover for about 30 seconds. Then remove chicken and spoon onions on top