1/2 cpecans, chopped
2each cornish hen, thawed
1 boxlong grain and wild rice
1/3 corange juice
1/4 craisins (optional)
1 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make Cornish Hen with Rice Stuffing
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
Add rice only and pecans and saute over low heat, stirring occasionally, until rice turns golden
- Add seasoning packet, orange juice, water, raisins to rice mixture and stir well.
Bring to boil, cover, and reduce heat.
Simmer for 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and cool.
Remove packet from cavities of hens and discard.
Wash hens inside and out and drain well.
Season with salt and pepper.
Fill cavity of each hen with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of rice mixture.
Cover and warm remaining rice to serve with hens.
- Tie drumsticks together with string and place on a rack in a roasting pan.
Brush each hen with melted butter.
- Roast in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until juices run clear when hen is pierced.
Baste occasionally with melted butter while roasting.
Remove from oven.
Remove and discard string.