Cornell University Chicken BBQ Marinade and Sauce
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- cooking oil
- 2 c
- cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp
- 3 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- slightly beaten egg
- chicken pieces
How to Make Cornell University Chicken BBQ Marinade and Sauce
- 1Wisk the egg until it's slightly beaten. Combine the egg, the oil, vinegar, salt and poultry season and wisk together until salt has desolved and all ingredients are combined well.
- 2The pieces of chicken can be ones of your choice. Breasts, either boneless or bone-in work well. I've also used half chickens in which case, increase your cooking time.
- 3Reserve some of the marinade for basting.
- 4Wash the chicken well. Pat dry.
- 5Soak chicken in the marinade in the refrigerator for at least a few hours. Even better, marinade overnight in the refrigerator.
- 6As an alternative to cooking or grilling the chicken from scratch, I sometimes boil the chicken for about 15 to 20 mins. and then immediately add the chicken to the marinade and refrigerate. It's seems like the marinade is absorbed into the chicken and is even more flavorful if chicken is hot when placed into the marinade. You will also not have to grill the chicken as long.
- 7Grill over medium heat. ** Baste with reserve sauce, frequently.
- 8Cook chicken until juices run clear and an instant read thermometer inserted into the meat reads 170 degrees. Enjoy--I know you will!
- 9**DO NOT use reuse the marinade that the chicken was soaked in.