Cornell University Chicken BBQ Marinade and Sauce
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 ccooking oil
2 ccider vinegar
3 tsppoultry seasoning
1slightly beaten egg
How to Make Cornell University Chicken BBQ Marinade and Sauce
- Wisk the egg until it's slightly beaten. Combine the egg, the oil, vinegar, salt and poultry season and wisk together until salt has desolved and all ingredients are combined well.
- The pieces of chicken can be ones of your choice. Breasts, either boneless or bone-in work well. I've also used half chickens in which case, increase your cooking time.
- Reserve some of the marinade for basting.
- Wash the chicken well. Pat dry.
- Soak chicken in the marinade in the refrigerator for at least a few hours. Even better, marinade overnight in the refrigerator.
- As an alternative to cooking or grilling the chicken from scratch, I sometimes boil the chicken for about 15 to 20 mins. and then immediately add the chicken to the marinade and refrigerate. It's seems like the marinade is absorbed into the chicken and is even more flavorful if chicken is hot when placed into the marinade. You will also not have to grill the chicken as long.
- Grill over medium heat. ** Baste with reserve sauce, frequently.
- Cook chicken until juices run clear and an instant read thermometer inserted into the meat reads 170 degrees. Enjoy--I know you will!
- **DO NOT use reuse the marinade that the chicken was soaked in.